If you’re reading this blog post I’m guessing you’re either already using the Curly Girl Method and looking to expand your product range, or you’re new to CGM and looking for the best styling products to get started!
This blog post will showcase some curly girl method approved styling products that you can use to create a routine that follows all the rules.
Curly Girl Method Quick Recap
The Curly Girl Method is a popular routine that helps people embrace their natural curls. The goal of the Curly Girl Method is to find styling products and a routine that works with your hair, rather than against it. This can be a challenge, but it’s worth it!
Try to avoid the following in products:
- Sulphates. Sulfates are harsh chemicals that can strip your hair of its natural oils, causing it to become dry and brittle. Instead, look for products that are sulfate-free and gentle on your hair.
- Drying alcohols
Which Products Follow The Curly Girl Method Rules?
– Curly Girl Method approved shampoos: These sulphate-free shampoos are gentle on your hair and will not strip away its natural oils.
– Curly Girl Method approved conditioners: These conditioners are also sulfate-free and will help keep your hair hydrated and healthy.
– Curly Girl Method approved styling products: These curly girl-approved styling products are free from silicones and drying alcohols. The products are also moisturising to help hydrate the hair and keep it healthy.
The Curly Girl Method also recommends using a gel to style, although other styling products are also ok to use as long as they follow the rules above.
– As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I receive a commission if you buy any of the products through the links provided. It doesn’t affect the price you pay and helps to run this website. Thank you x
Are you already using gel, or does it seem like the last thing you want to do?!
Best for fine hair or soft curls 👇
Eco Chic L.A. Natural Styling Gel
Best for thick hair and tighter curl patterns 👇
Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle
Best for blocking humidity 👇
TWIST Weather Up Gel Weightless Curl Defining Gel
Best for thick hair or tighter curl patterns 👇
SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk for Thick, Curly Hair Coconut and Hibiscus for Curl Definition
Best for softer curl patterns and waves 👇
Curlsmith – Hold Me Softly Style Balm – Vegan Soft Hold Styling Cream for Wavy and Curly Hair
Best for battling humidity 👇
Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino and Avocado Leave–In Defining Creme
Best for giving volume to soft curls and waves
Curlsmith – Bouncy Strength Volume Foam, Styling Foam for Curly & Wavy Hair
Best for curls that need moisture 👇
SheaMoisture Curl Mousse for Frizz Control Coconut and Hibiscus with Shea Butter
The above products are all Curly Girl Method approved at the time of writing so you can relax knowing that you’re following those rules!
Follow Me On Instagram For Daily Wavy & Curly Hair Tips! ❤️